Friday 27 August 2010

Another brick wall

In my little rant against first cousin marriages (Monday 23 August) I said that in trying to educate a Pakistani religious leader about the dangers of recessive genes, Tazeen Ahmad 'might as well have talked to the proverbial brick wall'.

My friend Morris has now sent me a story about a CNN journalist who was doing a feature on the power of prayer. The journalist went to the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem and there she met a very old Jewish man who had been to the Wall to pray twice daily for more than 60 years. She asked him what kind of thing he prayed for.

"I pray for peace between the Christians, Jews and Muslims. I pray for all the wars and the hatred to stop. I pray for all our children to grow up safely as responsible adults and to love their fellow man".

"And how do you feel after doing this for 60 years?"

"I feel like I'm talking to a f*cking brick wall!"

1 comment: