Wednesday 10 November 2010

'Strictly' for the birds

I'm not a great fan of 'Strictly Come Dancing' though where else could a respectable man of my age get a close-up view of girls like that wearing clothes like that?

That Anne Widdecombe is scary though, isn't she? I fear for poor Anton's life if she fell on him, not to mention the bilateral hernias he'll get with all that lifting, and if he swung her round and lost his grip she could demolish the studio.

The physical damage scares me less than the thought that she was once a politician, capable of influencing the policy decisions of the government. She appears to have no insight whatever. Her ego must be bigger than her bum. Fat and frumpy I forgive, but how could she not realize what an idiot she appears! "Vote for me, famous for being fatuous".

Come to think of it, she's not the only politician who might use that as a logo.

1 comment:

  1. Well said John, could not agree more.
    I thought that they were there to run the country for our benefit, but alas I was wrong.
    We have become Ostriches in our house, selective tele and radio with no newspapers, that's the order of the day now. Wrong? maybe, but if that's what it takes to have a nice day then I'm all for it.

    ReplyDelete